A downloadable game for Windows
Target Xplosion is a free (as in free software) and open-source 2D scrolling shooter game inspired by R-Type, Dodonpachi, and Touhou Project (東方Project).
You have several types of shot:
- Normal shot
- Homing missiles
- Bomb (available in level 3)
The game also integrates a combo system. Each time you shoot an enemy, the combo value increase. So you can earn more points when you kill enemies or take a specific bonus item. But be careful! If you get hit or die, you will lose your combo.
You can get more information about the score system here.
- Arrows: Move the ship
- W: basic shot
- X: Missile
- C: Bomb
- LEFT SHIFT: slow motion of the ship
- ESCAPE: Quit the level/Game
- BACKSPACE: Quit the Game
Xbox controller (default settings):
- Left stick: Move the ship
- A: basic shot
- X: Missile
- B: Bomb
- START: Quit the level
- B (main menu): Quit the game
In result screen
- RETURN (keyboard) / A (Xbox controller) : continue
Windows users: Extract and run the .exe file
Linux users: As of today, I am working on creating a generic package for different Linux distributions. Since this package is not available yet, I don't provide a Linux version. I 'll be glad if you provide some help for that.
If you want to play the game on Linux, you must compile it (that's the only way so far). Please check this link for more information.
You can give feedback on Target Xplosion here.
|Release date||Aug 15, 2017|
|Tags||2D, Arcade, Bullet Hell, Score Attack, Shoot 'Em Up, Side Scroller, Touhou|
|License||GNU General Public License v3.0 (GPL)|
|Asset license||Creative Commons Attribution v4.0 International|
|Average session||About a half-hour|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Xbox controller, Gamepad (any)|
Click download now to get access to the following files:
- Target Xplosion 5th alpha (0.5.4)Aug 20, 2018
- Target Xplosion 4th alpha (0.5.3)May 26, 2018
- Target Xplosion — 3rd alphaNov 01, 2017
- Updates + 3rd alpha release dateOct 14, 2017
- New features → 3rd alphaSep 23, 2017
- Target Xplosion - 2nd alphaAug 15, 2017
- Feedback review #1Aug 08, 2017
- Feedback + Bug reportAug 04, 2017
Leave a comment
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.